DMA is the leading physiotherapy and clinical pilates practice in Australia offering physiotherapy, clinical pilates and remedial massage services based on the most advanced physiotherapy research.
With a team of experienced physiotherapists and trained clinical pilates instructors on site in our South Yarra clinic, DMA delivers innovation, cutting edge physiotherapy prescribed clinical pilates, exercise rehabilitation and injury management programmes individualised to each clients needs.
Developed by physiotherapists, the Clinical Pilates programme pioneered the link between ongoing spinal stability research and the original work of Joseph Pilates and his contemporaries. The exercises work with spring loaded equipment rather than free weights. The advantage is that you work on muscle control rather than strength with the exercises working muscle groups in patterns that are functional.
The result is a body that works more efficiently.
Core stabilization training and muscle efficiency are key factors that have been identified by researchers and addressed by the Clinical Pilates approach. The programme is now seeing wide use in sports medicine clinics and rehabilitation hospitals both in Australia and around the world.
- Correction of poor mechanics that underlie injuries
- Improved posture and flexibility
- Firmer and flatter stomach muscles
- Improved core stabilisation
- Enhanced breathing control
- Greater resistance to injury
- Overall body toning
- Improved injury management
All physiotherapists at DMA have experience in assessing and treating a wide range of injuries including sporting, motor vehicle and work cover accidents. Our services include-
- Manipulative/spinal physiotherapy
- Sports injury assessment
- Headache management
- Chronic pain management
- Real Time Ultrasound imaging for chronic back pain
- Exercise Rehabilitation programmes incorporating clinical pilates
- Stabilisation Programs
- Assessments for dancers (pointe, flexibility)
- Dance injury prevention and management
- Incontinence management
- Pre and post natal exercise prescription management and pilates programmes
Call us for further information on our physiotherapy, myotherapy and remedial massage services or on how to start your personalised pilates programme today. Bookings are essential.